An Excuse to Write
Saturday, August 21, 2004
  Wish List - My Preoccupation with Technology
My blog has increasingly becoming a reflection of my current preoccupation with technology. But then if I was reading a lot of books I'd be talking about that. Right now I work in a Software comany and I visit Cnet a lot and you get my drift.

Maybe I can infer that I have stopped thinking, but I don't really believe that. My major personal characteristic is over-thinking. If I walk from one side from my apartment to the other doing certain things on the way, my mind's usually thinking which order of actions would take the least time. But that's irrelevant. I analyse, and I don't think I've stopped doing that.

So here is my wishlist of products I've heard well of and I'd love to own. By the way, I'm dabbling in tables here. I hope it shows up well.


Sony Ericcson K700i
I like PDA cum phones like the Sony Ericcson P900, but I really don't need one, the novelty would wear off and I'd be left with a cool gadget that I don't use much and doesn't fit in my jean's pocket. This smartphone would be perfect for me. I like candybar style phones, it has decently-sized colour display, bluetooth, infrared, integrated camera, good sound quality, polyphonic ringtones, tri-band support, email access, calendar and games! I changed my mind about T616, this is an improvement on it, it has 32 MB memory compared to T616's 2 MB, a better display, a better camera and FM radio. Details here...


Apple iPod (40GB, 4th Gen)
The ultimate mp3 player! Refer to somehing I said before - Why Ipod? Or Cnet's Review. I'll keep all my music on it and constantly bug my friends to contribute more towards that end. Since I'm given to carrying my backpack around this will find its permanent residence there. Though I will have to buy this case and remote and dock...
Power Mac G5

A dual 2.0 Ghz processor in this machine is capable of outperforming a "similarly configured Dell Precision 650 Workstation running dual 3.06-GHz Xeon processors" (PC Magazine). I'd want the Dual 2.5GHz, 8GB RAM model! It's truly remarkable, from its 20" LCD display to the 1.1 USB ports in the keyboard to being Airport Extreme ready to its ATI Radeon 9800 XT (256MB of DDR SDRAM) graphics card and Mac OS X Panther. Bring it on!

 
Comments:
These handsets are getting more and more similar with each passing day. My dad recently bought a Motorola C650, and to me, it looks almost like the T616 here... the differences might be starking, but i fail to notice
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
"You write because you need to write, or because you hope someone will listen, or because writing will mend something broken inside you, or bring something back to life-" - Jay Makintosh (from Blackberry Wine) I need to write. I need to rearrange and refine sentences. I want to ponder over how to put that thought in words; so that it fits in the scheme of things just so. Words can create magic and I want to get lost in them for some part of each day's life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Archives
July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / May 2006 / June 2006 / March 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]