An Excuse to Write
Wednesday, August 11, 2004
  Ah, Sunday!
(Written some time on Wednesday)

Rather late in the week to write about a Sunday well spent; but then it might be good for the soul to remenince mid-week.

I didn't have Saturday off, cause Monday was a strike. I didn't even realize it! On Friday, I was dimly aware of conversations behind me going, "Oh, yes, tommorow is a holiday. Only we're all having it in the office!" The fact that it applied to me too, only registered when my dad woke me up the next day. I did the noble thing by shifting my appointment with my eye-doctor (oculist is it?), my only excuse for not attending; which means my eyes are going to be blurry over the next weekend.

Anyway, I decided I had to make up for the loss and happily enough I did, even though I didn't think I would. Talked on the phone with Swati on Saturday night. Convinced her to come see a movie with me. Come Sunday, we watched some Friends episodes (I got a few borrowed Best of Friends DVD's!) over lunch. Went to see Laws of Attraction at Inox. Had a hot chocolate-chip cookie at Biscotti. It's becoming a tradition with me: Movie at Inox means Half a cookie (I can't eat a whole by myself) at Biscotti!

The movie was a nice, light romantic comedy and I really didn't expect any more. Julliane Moore and Pierce Brosnan looked good together and pulled off the witty banter. New York and Ireland (What a castle!) were beatuifully picturized, especially New York in the opening credits. Actually, I like Brosnan better in this movie than any of his Bond ones. He seems some human here.

Ended up at CottonWorld as I always do. I love their brand of cool, sober, loose-fitting clothes.

In the evening I went out with Mummy, which was unusual as the both of us never go out alone except for shopping, to Pizza Hut and then Wills Sports.

My weekends have never been so much fun. I hardly ever went out with friends in school. Maybe it was because there weren't many places in Calcutta to go to, or maybe it was school itself, or maybe it was because I saw them everyday anyway. It still takes an effort to get my friends together, but now its more worth it.

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
"You write because you need to write, or because you hope someone will listen, or because writing will mend something broken inside you, or bring something back to life-" - Jay Makintosh (from Blackberry Wine) I need to write. I need to rearrange and refine sentences. I want to ponder over how to put that thought in words; so that it fits in the scheme of things just so. Words can create magic and I want to get lost in them for some part of each day's life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Archives
July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / May 2006 / June 2006 / March 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]