An Excuse to Write
Saturday, July 17, 2004
  Saturday Peace
The day went well.

And I struck the right cord, just as I woke up, by remembering that its a holiday. I do love my classes, but my project was getting (with a little help from me) a bit too complicated.

Isha (read: best friend) found me in the shower when I should have been ready and awaiting her arrival. Can't say I'm sorry, though...I expected her to be late! I guess this evens the score a bit. Thankfully enough we had her car at our displosal today, its too hot and polluted to be self-sufficient and travel in cabs. We killed time at the counselling session in Calcutta University's Alipore campus till Isha got a seat at Xaviers for BBA and I went on the waiting list.

I'm having serious doubts about what route vis-a-vis my education I should take, but that's for another time. The wind blowing thought my room is cool, Windmills of your Mind's playing and my mood not conducive to worrying right now.

We celebrated over coffee in Barista. Cappaccino is the safest bet, anyday, anytime. Slept in the afternoon after a long time and dreamt about Ents lulling me to sleep. Talked to Swati about trivial things, but such an intresting bubbling conversation did those trivialities make.

Went to the library, scaveged in a book cart and found the C# book that I was loking for. Add to that a PG Wodehouse and Non-Zero my book collection was complete.

It might not seem like a particularly eventful day to some, and I fail to describe it well. My dreams were pleasant, each hour rolled into the other, my house was peaceful and the evening breeze was cool. It was one of those Saturdays that I always look forward to at the end of every week.
 
Comments:
Heya...
Dont sweat over gmail ! :D
I know it can sometimes be very painful trying to upload attachments....
I usually use my yahoo briefcase if things are unpleasant...
Anyway...all the best for your future. As for a chosen career path..I think I should make a post on that in the near future.
Luv
Vardan
 
Well, you just described things that would have taken me a week to complete. I dont think that this routine would be uneventful for anyone other than Mick Jagger.
 
I sort of meant it might seem uninteresting/uneventful to some people.

I'm still happy. :) Talked about nothing for an hour on the phone again.

I'll worry about my career tommorow. I suppose I need to make a decision.
 
Which C# book did u buy ?
 
I didn't buy it. Got it from British Council Library. Beginning Visual C# - Revised Edition for .NET 1.0
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
"You write because you need to write, or because you hope someone will listen, or because writing will mend something broken inside you, or bring something back to life-" - Jay Makintosh (from Blackberry Wine) I need to write. I need to rearrange and refine sentences. I want to ponder over how to put that thought in words; so that it fits in the scheme of things just so. Words can create magic and I want to get lost in them for some part of each day's life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Archives
July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / May 2006 / June 2006 / March 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]