An Excuse to Write
Tuesday, July 06, 2004
  Coding without example
I just spend 4 hours trying to figure out C# without any help files, any reference book or a teacher willing to dole out actual syntax. I can't be angry at him the way I used to be with my school computer teachers, because I don't (or rather have no reason to) doubt his programming ability; He's a programmer not a teacher. I just think that though the theory of OOPS, .NET structure, CLS, BLL, etc, etc will give me an idea of how to program effectively, I have to start with simple unadultrated coding. How will I do that without any examples! I'm writhing in agony and confusion when instead of answering in simple English (rather simple code) queries of how to implement an assignment (which by the way he gave the class), the intructor starts another discourse on so-and-so concept. What will I do with concepts if I don't know how to implement them?!

So here I am on the net, summoning my reserves of patience to sift through pages and pages of information to find that prefect tutorial that will show me how to create Windows-based applications using Visual C# .NET. I seem to have found a worthy candidate. Its either this or a trip to the library.

God! Let tommorow be another day.
 
Comments:
Hi Dipika,
Thanks for visitin my page. Do keep blogging, its a nice idea. I also have to coax another friend to keep blogging.. i know it can be painful, but when u know people are reading your blog, it can be a nice incentive. Happy bloggin n good luck wid C# : not much help i can do there.
 
Hi,
Nice to visit your blog! Well, when your try to learn something of your own, without anyone's help, its usually quite painful, but the result is too damn great and worth the pains. Well! I too like to program but mostly Web Programming, and all I know till now, I have learnt by myself, and I am too glad to do so! Keep ur mind rolling! All the best! May eb when u r fisnished with C# u can give me a few lessons on it! hehe!
Bye,
Cya,
tc!
 
About that. I started off with not posting my profile on Blogger at all. Then I did, since I started using the blog. I guess the next step is to allow anonymous posting...don't know why I'm still unsure.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
"You write because you need to write, or because you hope someone will listen, or because writing will mend something broken inside you, or bring something back to life-" - Jay Makintosh (from Blackberry Wine) I need to write. I need to rearrange and refine sentences. I want to ponder over how to put that thought in words; so that it fits in the scheme of things just so. Words can create magic and I want to get lost in them for some part of each day's life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Archives
July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / May 2006 / June 2006 / March 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]